Date(s) - 13/05/2018 - 26/05/2018
Sabina School, Rakai, Uganda
At Sabina school, the leading permaculture School site in Uganda. 60 places available.. conditions apply.. pre-booking essential.
- Steve Jones, Sector39 permaculture lead tutor
- Charles Mugarura, BEU permaculture entrepreneur
- Gerald Jagwe, PRI-UG permaculture demonstration farm
- Angie Polkey UK permaculture specialist
We will be covering the full permaculture curriculum adapted for tropical climate and East African social context
Brilliant opportunity for experiencing work in Africa for none-Africans.
Join our one site volunteer team in April 2018 for the course build up:
- Peter and Emmanuel from Uganda. site development and farm management
- Grace and Nina from Wales, horticulture and social media
Additionally there will be 4 options for a key area subject areas for study and design project.
- Permaculture growing systems, food forests and pasture
– this group will have an extra focus on landscape design, plant propagation and pasture and grazing systems
- Permaculture in schools and community
– for teachers educationalists adn those wanting to work with schools to being permaculture into the school ethos, curriculum and wider activities
- Wood-gas, biochar and bio-gas, coppice wood, turning waste in revenue
– energy from waste, using biology, coppice and wood gas
- Enterprise: permaculture as a business model
– where all the jobs gong to come from for East Africa’s growing populaitons? Permaculture as a tool for enterprise and job creation
Course price, excludes travel to and from the venue.
Includes full board and lodging for the duration, course fees, registration and fieldtrips.
- East African citizens: £250 (UGX equivalent)
- Uk/ Europe: £500.00
- USA: $600.00
The is a scholarship fund available for African participants age 18 – 30